Sunday 26 July 2009

Heads or tails?

Day two of the mural. Don't feel I got as much done as I would have liked, but I don't have a deadline and I'm getting paid by the hour so I guess it doesn't matter.

Rooted around in my paint box and found an array of acrylics [finally I can use black YES! I don't understand those strange breed of people who are averted to using it], so spent the day doing detail on the norse ship and some of the siren's tails. If anyone was wondering if you can mix emulsion with acrylics - it seems to be okay [probably not a burning question, but I'm sure you can store this little nugget of information somewhere in the back of your brain to pluck out at a later date]. Although saying that, I'm probably going to go in tomorrow though and find it's all pealed off. My fingers are crossed:
Gave up using a paintbrush and pretty much finger painted these:
Definitely need to fix the spray behind the rock and put some detail on the ships head. Also just realized I somehow managed to paint over the ships sail without realising it. I really hope no one notices. I'm going to stop having lie ins and pretending to do exercise on my Wii Fit and get started early tomorrow, so watch this [significantly blue] space.

No comments:

Post a Comment