Tuesday 7 July 2009

My Mural

I have been commissioned by Starbucks to paint an extremely large mural in the district's meeting room. I have been given 5m by 2m to play with. After lots of careful thought I decided not to paint any of the partners or managers but to illustrate the story of the logo.

If you are bored, have a read of this - it's quite interesting:
http://www.deadprogrammer.com/starbucks-logo-mermaid

I will summarize for those of us with less time on our hands. Basically the logo originated from a Norse Woodcut of the two tailed siren Melusine, a greek mythical creature. They would sing to the sailors, enticing them to the rocky coasts with their enchanting songs, then make love to them before devouring their flesh. Neat.

I am definitely going to need to invest in a ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment