Friday 1 May 2009

Tattoo Designs

On Tuesday I attended a house party. After all the wine had been drunk, the cigarettes smoked and the bad tunes played, we talked tattoos. Even though I could barely remember anything at this point, the name Valerie Vargas imprinted my memory, a tattooist currently working at Frith Street in Soho. The following day I browsed through her website and was so inspired by her realistic, detailed designs that I had to grab my pencils and start drawing.

For a couple of months I have been lusting over a swirl like design for my ankle. I've now re-drawn it, added a timepiece necklace that seems to never leave my neck and a couple of characteristic leaves. Vastly improved (and astronomically glad that I never got round to getting the other design done first) The result is below:

I just realized the clock reads 11.40 as oppose to 7 (lucky number). 
Oops.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a girl in Brick Lane with a unicorn tattoo wrapped around her upper arm, slightly hidden adding a small level of mystery to it. It was beyond beautiful. 
I've been considering getting a horse design for a while now.
So, similar concept, wild horse tattoo design. Live your life and never look back. 


The next two designs are inspired by Valerie Vargas. Thought I would try my hand at a couple of portraits. 

Simple gypsy pin up tattoo design:

No comments:

Post a Comment