Tuesday 23 June 2009

Leaving things to the last minute

Woke up this morning and remembered that I still hadn't done anything for father's day. The whole concept seems quite strange to me, but I thought I should at least do something small for him as I know the guilt would set in when I see him later and his face drops when I don't produce anything.
What do dads like anyway? Probably the hardest people to shop for, I always seem to buy mine the wrong thing. I could go with the safe option and buy him some bike parts but I've gone and left it so late i've run out of time, and anyway - how do wheels and cogs signify that you love someone? Baffling. 

I remembered some portraits I saw on an excellent illustrator's blog who goes by the name of Tom Murphy, who recently designed posters for The Amersham. Really simple, but effective.
Here's my crack at my nan, I'l give my Dad promises of a family tree:

No comments:

Post a Comment